Click =D

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Light Up Their Lifes

I am a rich guy and so are you people. Normally people claim that they are poor and that they could not afford latest gadgets like a DSLR, i phone 4G or PS 3.

But did you people know you are richer than 70% of the people in the world assuming you get RM350 a month.


Bet you all didn't thought if it this way. While we whine about not having the latest gadgets, those 70% actually whine for food, clean water, a roof over their head or at least proper education for their children.


Look, this is what most poverty struck children look like.
Well, we have a choice whether we want to ask for the luxurious gadgets but those people can't even ask for basic necessity like food. And you people have the nerves to complain that your parents are stingy and mistreat you.


Most of us tends to be like that when our parents reject our wish list for luxurious items. I know I did when my parents rejected my request.
All I'd asked for was a



Lamborghini Diablo


I was upset at first when my parents rejected my request but after the camp I realized that I should be grateful for getting education, food, clean water, a roof over my head and more importantly their love.

F.A.M.I.L.Y.

Father and Mother I Love You


Hence, I would not ask them to buy me the beautiful sports car, not until I get my driving license first.

I had fun in the camp which is situated in my secondary school.
Methodist Boys Secondary School Kuala Lumpur.

I had dim sum for breakfast before we started the fasting.
It was good but I sort of dislike the food because it wasn't up to my standards.

But today, when the fasting was declared over.


I had this, in corn flavor which tasted bad normally, but at that point I was crying tears of joy being able to chew something solid after 30 hours of not touching solid food.

Well, I am partially to be blamed since I ran around during the Treasure Hunt, played basketball and played football as well. I bet you people would react this way.


You people would probably say what the heck is Steven thinking? Being so active when he hast to fast. It's suicidal.

But it's kinda funny.
I wasn't hungry, well at least I wasn't til food was shown to me this morning.

But I had lots of Soya Bean and Chocolate Milk (which was allowed). We refrained from eating that's all.

We then took an LRT to Stadium Putra Bukit Jalil.
The event was awesome.

Among the famous people were


梁静茹


Besides her
He was there


王光良


and him


張智成



And we have him too

易桀齐


and my favorite singer of all

罗忆诗


where she had a duet with

Fransisca Peter


They sang my current favorite song.

明天孩有希望


It is a touching song, a must hear.

小小的眼光
失去了光芒
即使小小的手掌也有权飞翔

大大的梦想
失去了力量
哪儿有大大的肩膀温暖他心房

明天孩子们会有希望
会长出耀眼的翅膀
朝着那温暖的风和光 清清的飞扬

the world we live in
can do with giving
a child today
is a child of our tomorrow

I've seen the children
who have been broken
by wars and hunger and natural disaster
so broken

when tomorrow comes
we must have hope
we must reach out to every single child

when tomorrow comes
we spread our love
and make it a better day

生活会有悲和喜
we've gotta pray and do our best
只要伸出我们的手
to bring you a better tomorrow

明天孩子们会有希望
会长出耀眼的翅膀
when tomorrow comes
we spread our love
and make it a better day (Repeat once)


I had lot of fun with my friends.
I would love to take this opportunity to thank my friend Alexandra and her friend Ruenn Das (Haagen Dazs Ambassador) for making my weekends a blast.

I feel sad going back to college as I won't see them for some time again.
I will never regret starving myself for 30 hours as it was worthwhile.

Pictures will be updated as soon as possible when i get them from my friends.
Signing off and let's make a difference by lighting their lives.

If you miss this year, remember to join next year.

9 comments:

Hilda Milda™ said...

At least you can to drink soya bean so it's still alright. I wonder if I would get brainwashed if I join this too :p I'm too demanding at times cause I'm a spoiled brat HAHA

Steven said...

lol...It's not brain washing XD i was touched by their conditions and the passion shown by the organizers

Unknown said...

hahahaha a very hilarious post and oso yea b grateful of what u have. i'm adopting with World Vision =) and i din realize that hi5 bread got bandung flavour must b funny taste hahaha

Steven said...

thanks Kelly... awesome.. let's all work together to help them XD

Ronnie said...

Great to see you still alive and much stronger than before !

Congrats on your success !

Dori Lukey said...

a great event!

Dropped by from LukeYisHandsome.com

Unknown said...

This is nice event...

MsXeRoZ Nicole said...

My friend, Marccus Low is very active in Famine events too! It's great to see people sacrificing something to learn the important values of life. I wish to participate this with my friends in future. =)

Caroline said...

thxn for dropping by my blog! ur blog is great too! :)