Click =D

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Friends Are Hard To Find

I know I can be rude at times. And the desire to win can be over whelming and I know for sure that I am a jerk.

I realized that I am a hypocrite in the end. I had a long debate with Vince

He made me realized something no one in College could could. He showed me that a true friend actually goes the distance to help you. I never knew his side of the story until today.

I have a confession.
I think I am a bloody hypocrite and it's life perhaps.

I am a polite person but I am more polite to strangers. Who doesn't?
I realized that I don't say thanks to my mom when she fetched me to places, well not every time but I do say thanks to taxi drivers. Ironic?


I realized that friends who go the distance for you are amazing and rare. I had misjudged him badly. I often thought it was his ego that made him decline stuffs from me. Dam, I suck.


I also realized that I am a bloody stubborn person, and yes he is dam right about it.


Vince surely nailed it when he said I was stubborn.

I guess I am pathetic as a friend. How I let him down and I was sort of angry at him for missing out once when I missed out on him so bloody many times including our first outing together.

I deliberately walked out on him to go to CC with a bunch of friends whom weren't as close as us but offered something more tempting. Vince was always there went I needed a consult, let it be love, studies, religion or personal stuff. But what have I done to repay him? Nothing.

He'd even offered to buy me a drink just to see me and I'd failed him. I seriously am pathetic. No wonder my mom said to me why can't I be more like Vince.

She was right from the start. Vince emphasized on studies but I indulged myself in fun. So much for being a teacher's son. Oh the darn irony.

I realized that I am lucky but not appreciative at all. If Vince had my perks, I bet he could have made full use of it. But he didn't and didn't take advantage of things at all.

I often wished that I could impress Vince and be and equal to him. Because I sort of felt inferior when I stood beside him (not in terms of height) Brain mattered over Brawn. So, I tried to offer him perks like I'd get to be on his nice list. Well, I am not Gay but I felt that Vince was a good friend I didn't want to lose. I felt that he was awesome and I was secondary to him, it was like he's a great guy and I am like a nerd following him.

But I misinterpreted that feeling and thought that I was still secondary to him when all the while he called me friend. That we are both equals. I assumed that he thought of me being inferior and that prompted me to try to beat him at his game. But I was wrong.

He is right. We are both friends and I couldn't bear to lose him as a friend. I was wrong and now I have this to say to you Vince.






Signing off, feeling lucky to have Vince as a friend.

Live Life With No Regrets

9 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

we learn along the way in life =)

Steven said...

thanks for the advice~~

Vince G said...

Thats what friends are for, I could have said something utterly deceptive to please you but I wouldn't. Thats not how I want things to roll, that will be completely a real hypocrite. Just hope that you would really understand what life should really be, and not what life could have been.

Always remember, your mum comes first no matter how much you hate. Until the very day you start earning your first penny, you are still 'owned' by your parents, as harshly as I have to put it. You should never judge whatever your parents had laid forward for you. You are suppose to believe it; because it is always the right thing.

Friends never make you laugh; they laugh together with you.

Exuvalia said...

Awww! What a sweet entry. Well, no one is perfect and we learn from the mistakes we learn in life. ^__^!

JadyCloud said...

I don't say thanks to my mom either. We took things for granted easily.

Steven said...

@jady me too lol

@exuvalia thanks XD

Hilda Milda™ said...

wow vince is now so fehmes! :D it's good that you realised yr weakness, there's always room for improving and friends being there to support you :D all the best steven!

♥\.C..H..L.O..E. said...

Well said Vince! lol
Hmmmm... I guess we are still immature in a way... However, one day when you are alone and think of it.... The only good friend you have maybe the friends which will not look down on you but support you no matter who u r... I guess u already found urs... ^^

Steven said...

yesh. who bully vince must go through me 1st..~~