Click =D

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hospitals and I

I bear no grudge against any medical staff but I hate the fact that someone I knew was admitted into the hospital.

I was 7 and I first visited a hospital. Being the naive kid I was, I thought it would be like a field trip. Even though there was a pungent smell of medicine, I simply ignored it. We were there to visit my grandfather who had a heart condition but I was too distracted by the new environment.

I did not bothered to console my paternal grandmother nor did I spoke to my grandfather. And who'd knew, that would be the last time I would see or speak to him ever again. He got discharged after that, but as a kid, I thought being discharged means grandfather is fine now, but my naiveness knew no boundaries back then.

The second time I visited a Hospital was when my teacher was hospitalized. Again my naiveness knew no boundaries. I was staying at my maternal grandmother's place when mom called me out of the blues to informed me that my teacher was in a state of coma. I was flabbergasted beyond words but naive at the same time. I was 100% sure that she would definitely get better and everything would be fine again.

However, I got another call from my mom after a couple of hours, she informed me that my teacher was dead. I was perplexed and finally my naiveness saw the limit. Death is irreversible and I have to accept that fact. Later, my friends called to inform me that she's brain dead.

That sparked hope in me and I was beaming with naiveness again until reality caught up with me and gave me a tight slap. Brain death is the same as being dead.  In the end, I went for her funeral and that was it.

In my mind, hospitals brings bad news to people.

I am texting him that he is a daddy now.
 Imagine you're at work and your wife texts you.

Congratulations dear, you're a daddy.












Signing off

1 comment:

aiwei said...

I never realy talk to my grandpa when he was in the hospital. and few days later he died and I never get to talk to him. I felt so bad.